Operating since 2012, Hammers for Hope is a local nonprofit group whose sole mission is providing “charitable assistance to low and moderate-income households in Lake County through a program of home repairs and improvements.”
Our all-volunteer Board is currently recruiting a part-time to full-time Outreach Coordinator.
Duties and Responsibilities: Hammers for Hope seeks an Outreach Coordinator who has excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills, experience in the use of institutional databases and research methods; as well as overseeing client accounts, and administrative duties including calendaring, facilitating board meetings, correspondence and coordinating applicant site visits. Additional duties include:
- Communicating with donors and the media via press releases, brochures, social media, email campaigns, website management, and coordinating fundraising events.
- Staying abreast of local activities and initiatives as well as collecting data and information that may be useful to the organization.
- Advertising for, screening, and recruiting volunteers, providing training and support as needed, tracking their performance, and keeping records of their activities.
- Verifying volunteer availability, receiving their feedback, recognizing their efforts, and responding to their questions.
- Preparation and presentation of oral and written reports on project development, outreach and fundraising.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills.
- 2-3 years experience in a related field preferred.
- Strong organizational and management skills.
- Experience with institutional databases, public access sites, and primary research skills.
- Experience with budget management.
- Reliable transportation a must.
- Familiarity working at a local level is helpful.
- Construction and/or Project Management experience a plus.
- A bachelor’s degree, coursework or experience in marketing, journalism, public relations or related fields.
Time Commitment: Approximately 80 hours per month to start
Salary: $25-$35 per hour, dependent upon experience Email resume and cover letter to: email@example.com