Kelseyville’s a great place, perfect for an afternoon or a weekend away. Resting at the foot of Mt. Konocti, it has kept that small-town, country friendliness. Plus, holiday shopping doesn’t get any easier than on Main Street. Just park your car and spend the afternoon perusing shops filled with local goods, tasting at award-winning wineries, and enjoying some great places to eat. We’re highlighting seven great places here, but that’s just a start: Kelseyville’s chock-full of great shopping.
- Two Sisters is a perfect stop for something unique. Not only do they have a wide selection of antiques, they regularly rotate their stock, so there’s always something new. Looking for a Raggedy Ann doll, a lunchbox from your childhood, or some delicate china? The odds are you’ll find it or something just like it here, along with a great selection of classic Americana.
- Just across the courtyard from Two Sisters resides The Painted Bird, a hidden gem. It’s worth the short wander past the fountain and into the gallery. The gallery features the sculptures, paintings, and paintings of several local artists, and it’s easy to get lost for an hour discovering each piece. Plus, the odds are you’ll run into one of the artists while you’re there, and they’re always happy to share more about their work and suggest a unique, one-of-a-kind gift.
- If there’s one place you have to stop for stocking stuffers, it’s A+H General Store. Not only does it have a great selection of candy, but it’s also got toys, hats, games, mugs, and just about everything else, so you’re certain to pick up at least one (or ten) great gifts.
- Fritz and Mishell offers more than just the run-of-the-mill jewelry you could find in any mall. It’s a special jewelry store that features a tasteful selection of purchased items complemented by a large selection of in-house handcrafted jewelry, and it’s all beautiful and unique. From silver to gold to Lake County Diamonds, you’ll find it here.
- For a little bit of class, a little bit of pampering, and a little bit of fun, stop by at Sophie’s Day Spa. Not only does Sophie’s offer full spa services, but it’s also got ice cream, wine, and a huge selection of gifts. It’s the perfect place to stop for a new set of eyelashes and pick up the perfect gift.
- Oak Boutique has an amazing, hand-picked selection of clothing and accessories–each item is high-quality and contemporary. Here you’ll get personalized service and, if you’re not sure, they’ll find you exactly what you need to make the day of that hard-to-please person.
- You might not think of a winery as a place to shop for gifts, but Chacewater Winery and Olive Mill has more than just great wine tasting. Here you can get a sample of their estate-grown olive oils, handmade balsamic vinegar, and a full selection of soaps, created locally by Wild Bee Creations. Stop by for a sip of wine, and walk away with a couple bottles, some olive oil, and quality soap.
But Kelseyville’s also got some great restaurants, and the odds are you’ll be hungry by the time you’ve finished shopping. So take a minute to slow down and savor some high-quality eats.
- For high-quality fare that draws people from all over northern California, look no further than The Saw Shop Public House. For years, the Saw Shop has earned a reputation for spectacular California Cuisine. Not only do they have a regularly rotating menu filled with mouth-watering items, but they’ve also got some of the best cocktails in the area.
- If you’re looking for some tasty, homemade Mexican, Carmelita’s Cocina is the perfect place to stop. The casual atmosphere is perfect for a relaxed, filling meal. If you’re not sure what to order, try their mulitas. They’re part quesadilla, part taco, and all goodness.
- Shopping can be tiring, and if you need a pick-me-up, there’s no better place to stop than at Studebaker’s Coffee. They offer a great selection of drinks, plus, if you need a bite to eat, their sandwiches are phenomenal. From breakfast bagels to grilled sandwiches, whatever you choose will leave you satisfied and content.